At the heart and soul of the Youth Ministry for youth 6th thru 12th grades are regular group, study, and service opportunities. Associate Pastor for Youth, Josh Stewart, and youth leaders seek to provide a fun and exciting environment for students in middle and high school to grow together in Christ Jesus. Youth Group is a place where all are welcomed, loved, and accepted for who they are, a place where they are free to be their true selves, and a place to eat and laugh together as we all seek to serve God and our neighbors!
COMING UP! HALLOWEEN ON PENN STREET, OCTOBER 25
Children, youth, and their families: Join us for a safe, physically distanced costume party in the church parking lot on October 25 at 4 p.m.
How it will work:
• All Children’s Ministry families are invited to get dressed up in costumes, decorate their cars and come for a fun evening of treats, community, and lot of fun. Each vehicle that will be participating must register HERE.
• All youth are invited to sign-up to volunteer and serve! There will be opportunities to help with set-up in the parking lot and passing out treats to the kids in a safe and physically distanced way. Register HERE to get in on the fun!
Costume Party Guidelines:
• All participating vehicles and youth must be registered to attend and participate.
• Each vehicle will be spaced out to maintain physical distance and your family must stay in your designated spot for the whole event.
• All individuals must wear a mask
• Children will place their buckets 10 feet away from their parked vehicle. Youth will drop treats into the buckets.
YOUTH GROUP WEEKLY SCHEDULE
During this virtual season we are in, all youth are invited to participate in Zoom youth activities!
Currently on Sundays, Zoom Middle School Youth Group meets at 4 p.m., and Zoom High School Youth Group meets at 5 p.m. (Note: after reevaluating our schedule last month, we have changed meeting times.)
On Wednesday evenings, Zoom Middle School Girls Group meets at 7 p.m., and Zoom High School Bible Study meets at 7:30 p.m.
While we continue onwards in this unprecedented time, we are working to meet the spiritual needs of our young people as best we can. Please encourage your youth to give it a try! Our Youth Group theme this Fall is “Now. Here. This.,” which is all about learning to live in the present moment with God.
If interested, contact Josh Stewart for the Zoom info for these meetings or to sign up for his Remind distribution list.
ANNUAL YOUTH EVENTS
In addition to weekly activities, FPC offers many fun events throughout the year sure to encourage, educate, inspire, and excite our youth. Here's a sampling of past events:
- Fall Kick-off Party
- Mission Trips and Service Projects
- Beginning of the School-Year Kickoff Party
- Ping Pong & Dodge Ball Tournaments
- Senior High Youth Connection at Austin College
- Christmas Party for the Blind of Tarrant County
- Youth Group Christmas Parties
- Ski Trips
- Mo-Ranch Youth Conferences
Stay connected with youth group activity news from Josh by using the Remind app for text/email reminders:
- Subscribe: Text the message @youthfpc to the number 81010 or text @youthfpc to 817.591.2543.
- Subscribe via notifications to smart phone/device: On your smart phone/device, open the web browser and go to https://www.remind.com/join/youthfpc. Follow the instructions to sign up for the Remind by downloading the mobile app.
- Subscribe via email: Visit here on a computer to sign up for email notifications.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR YOUTH TRIPS
In addition to internal FPC scholarships, there is now also a funding source now available to all Grace Presbyterian youth through the Prairie Valley Legacy Committee. Families may choose to apply for summer trip scholarships by May 1, 2020, as well as the Prairie Valley Legacy scholarship (depending upon how many people apply) which may cover up to 50% of the cost for camps and conferences, including:
- SHYC (Senior High Youth Connection) at Austin College
- Mission Trip
- MO-Ranch Youth Celebration
- MO-Ranch Summer Camp Sessions
For more information about Youth Ministry at First Presbyterian Church, please email Associate Pastor for Youth, Rev. Dr. Joshua Stewart or call 817.335.1231, ext. 251.