God cares about every aspect of our lives. There is nothing in our lives remote from God's care. Therefore, there is nothing in our lives outside of God's call and claim. When we respond and promise to follow Jesus, we embrace his summary of the law and we promise to "love the Lord your God will all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." Mark 12.30
WELLNESS WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU!
While FPC's usual wellness offerings have been unavailable for the past year, your Wellness Committee wants to know what wellness activities YOU, the congregation, would like us to provide when we're able to gather for in-person activities again. In addition to the activities the Wellness Committee typically provides, such as sponsoring races/walks and hosting fitness classes, are there any other wellness activities you would like to see offered at FPC? Please take a few minutes to respond to the survey below to tell us what you'd like to see at FPC to aid in improving your wellness! Be sure to hit SUBMIT at the bottom.
The Wellness Committee encourages wellness - physical, spiritual, relational - as a faithful response to God, and as a commitment to a healthy congregation as well as healthy families, and communities.
VALUES CONCERNING WELLNESS
- Wellness assumes a mindful integration among spirit, mind, and body among person, family, and community.
- FPC tends well to the spirit and to the mind. Wellness ministries seek to integrate a congregational emphasis also on the body.
- Wellness happens within relationships — with God, self, family members, and fellow church members. Wellness ministry engages the entire community.
- Self-care is a tool for Christian faithfulness, not an end to itself, and is not motivated by vanity or competition.
- Personal wellness inspires commitment to healthy families and healthy communities.
- Eating well is more about what we eat than what we do not eat, and involves the conscious choice to fuel the body, to delight the senses, and to encourage table fellowship.
- Physical activity and exercise take many forms depending on age and health, and are life-giving.
Ongoing Activities Promoting Wellness
REFIT, Yoga, Tai Chi Classes
Walking Moai Groups
First Response Teams
WELLNESS PROGRAM WAIVER AND RELEASE
All those participating in physical activities and programs of the Wellness Ministry must submit a Waiver/Liability Release form.