Missions - Events at FPC
This annual Spring event, which has been hosted at FPC for several years, provides ways for the homeless to connect with social services and supportive help as they seek to move off the streets. Volunteers serve as greeters and guides.
Christmas Toy Store
This annual outreach event in December provides parents and guardians the opportunity to "shop" with dignity through a donation-provided store of new children's toys, clothing, and family games for a small fee per child. A summer toy drive provides members with the chance to stock the store, while many volunteers organize, set-up, and help guests shop on the day of the event. Each year, over 300 children are served!
It’s that time of year when we start planning for the holidays. Even in these strange Covid-19 times, we will have a modified version of the Toy Store, and we need your help in two ways:
- This year we are asking for monetary donations instead of toys. Instead of the traditional store style setup, this year's event will be a drive-thru on December 12. Our neighbors will select types of toys from a list at registration. We will buy most of the toys online and bag them, and neighbors will drive through Community Crossroads and pick them up. In order to purchase all of the toys and books, we are asking for monetary donations. Please do not purchase toys or books. If you are able and would like to help, you may send a check or cash to FPC with "Toy Store" in the memo line.
- We still need volunteers! If you would like to volunteer, please contact Mary Kay Roberto (
or 817-946-1125) or Donna Laminack (
or 817-988-2809). There are three ways to volunteer:
• Registration. Contactless registration will be done at Community Crossroads Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 am to 1:30 p.m. in October, as well as during FAD on October 19 from 9 to 11 a.m. Neighbors will be in their cars and volunteers will fill out registration cards and toy selections while remaining socially distanced.
• Sort and bag. At yet to be determined times, sort and bag toys and books. Most of this will be done late November and early December.
• Distribute toys. On December 12 at Community Crossroads, move bags from storage to the pick-up area during various shifts from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Kids Against Hunger (Youth Mission)
Each afternoon on World Communion Sunday, youth and their families pack thousands of meals in our FPC gym to support the mission of Kids Against Hunger.
Christmas Party for the Blind (Youth Mission)
On the first Thursday of every December, the youth host a special Christmas dinner in our Great Hall for those in our community with sight impairment. Sign up to be a driver or server.