At the heart and soul of the Youth Ministry for youth 6th thru 12th grades are regular group, study, and service opportunities. Associate Pastor for Youth, Josh Stewart, and youth leaders seek to provide a fun and exciting environment for students in middle and high school to grow together in Christ Jesus. Youth Group is a place where all are welcomed, loved, and accepted for who they are, a place where they are free to be their true selves, and a place to eat and laugh together as we all seek to serve God and our neighbors!
YOUTH GROUP WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Regular Zoom Youth Group opportunities:
Zoom Middle School Youth Group: 2 - 2:45 p.m. Sundays
Zoom High School Youth Group: 3 - 3:45 p.m. Sundays
Zoom Middle School Girls Group: 7 - 7:45 p.m. Wednesdays
Zoom High School Bible Study: 7:30 - 8:15 p.m. Wednesdays
If interested, contact Josh Stewart for the Zoom info for these meetings or to sign up for his Remind distribution list.
ANNUAL YOUTH EVENTS
In addition to weekly activities, FPC offers many fun events throughout the year sure to encourage, educate, inspire, and excite our youth. Here's a sampling of past events:
- Fall Kick-off Party
- Mission Trips and Service Projects
- Beginning of the School-Year Kickoff Party
- Ping Pong & Dodge Ball Tournaments
- Senior High Youth Connection at Austin College
- Christmas Party for the Blind of Tarrant County
- Youth Group Christmas Parties
- Ski Trips
- Mo-Ranch Youth Conferences
Stay connected with youth group activity news from Josh by using the Remind app for text/email reminders:
- Subscribe: Text the message @youthfpc to the number 81010 or text @youthfpc to 817.591.2543.
- Subscribe via notifications to smart phone/device: On your smart phone/device, open the web browser and go to https://www.remind.com/join/youthfpc. Follow the instructions to sign up for the Remind by downloading the mobile app.
- Subscribe via email: Visit here on a computer to sign up for email notifications.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR YOUTH TRIPS
In addition to internal FPC scholarships, there is now also a funding source now available to all Grace Presbyterian youth through the Prairie Valley Legacy Committee. Families may choose to apply for summer trip scholarships by May 1, 2020, as well as the Prairie Valley Legacy scholarship (depending upon how many people apply) which may cover up to 50% of the cost for camps and conferences, including:
- SHYC (Senior High Youth Connection) at Austin College
- Mission Trip
- MO-Ranch Youth Celebration
- MO-Ranch Summer Camp Sessions
For more information about Youth Ministry at First Presbyterian Church, please email Associate Pastor for Youth, Rev. Dr. Joshua Stewart or call 817.335.1231, ext. 251.