In 1917 the Kimball Organ Company installed an instrument of thirty ranks in the former First Presbyterian Church building at Fifth and Taylor.
In 1956, when the current Sanctuary was completed, the Kimball organ was moved to this location at 1000 Penn Street.
In 1959, the Reuter Organ Company added a three-manual console and several ranks of pipes.
In February 1995, a five-manual console was installed and 25 ranks of pipes were added to the chancel organ by the Garland Pipe Organ Company, under the direction of Dan Garland, a lifelong member of First Presbyterian Church.
In 1996, an antiphonal organ of thirty-two ranks was installed in the gallery.
Today the combined chancel and gallery organs total 133 ranks, with a total of 7,333 pipes.