Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
May 19, 2021 Update on Reopening
This week, the FPC Workgroup on Reopening made several recommendations to the Session, which were approved. With updated metrics coming in from Tarrant County, and updated guidance from the CDC, there are several changes to the ways in which we gather:
- Masks are no longer required when we gather together, but are encouraged.
- Advance registration for in-person worship at 9 and 11 a.m. is no longer required, and there are no capacity limits on worship.
- Worship spaces will have sections reserved for social distancing, for those who feel more comfortable in those areas.
- Group events and meetings no longer have a capacity limit (was previously limited to 25 people).
Food and drink are allowed at outdoor gatherings.
- Plan for a full reopening kickoff on Sunday, September 12! This will be a full indoor reopening without size restrictions.
These are challenging and rapidly changing times, and we understand that everyone's comfort level is different. We ask for grace, kindness, and respect of each other as we move forward.
Questions? Check out the Q&A.
FPC ENCOURAGES YOU TO REGISTER FOR THE COVID-19 VACCINE
The State of Texas is distributing the Covid-19 vaccine, and all adults (16 and up) are eligible for vaccination, and based on recommendations from the FDA and the CDC, adolescents ages 12-15 are now eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine. Anyone in Tarrant County may register for the vaccine and be placed on a waitlist. In order to protect ourselves and our community, First Presbyterian Church's Wellness Committee encourages everyone to register. As of this writing, the quickest way to receive a vaccine is through national pharmacies (CVS/Walgreens) and through Tarrant County Public Health. Registration is also available by calling 817.248.6299 (option 7). A searchable map of vaccine availability and providers is available here. Need help registering? Contact the church office (817.335.1231 or ) and provide your name and contact information. A member of the Wellness Committee will be in touch to help you register.